There are times when my heart is heavy and the only thing in this world that I can process with ease, is an episode of The Golden Girls. There are no words that can sum up Betty White’s legacy, a comedic giant who wasn’t afraid to just let it rip, a compassionate animal rights activist, and a national icon who wound up becoming one of the most beloved figures. She is purely golden. I’ll let Betty White’s genius speak for itself.
clip-‘The Triangle’ Season One episode 5
clip ‘The Competition’ Season One episode 7
clip ‘Flu Attack’ Season One episode 21
clip ‘It’s a miserable life’ Season 2 episode 4
clip ‘The Sisters’ Season 2 episode 12
clip ‘And then there was one’ Season 2 episode 16
Tribute to Rose Nyland!
THIS IS YOUR EVERLOVIN’ JOEY SAYIN’ WE ALL LOVE YOU BETTY. THANK YOU FOR BEING OUR FRIEND!
Joey at the Drive In here… thinking it would be such a nice treat to offer up a brief yet deliciously fun post from the snack bar. What better way to enjoy an intermission between my long winded writing than to just get to the point and tickle your vintage TV taste buds with a little amuse-bouche!
TEN TASTY TELEVISION TRIVIA TID BITS TO TANTALIZE!
1) Lt.Columbo (Peter Falk) loves loves loves chili and he’s very fond of health cookies!
2) ChiefIronside (Raymond Burr) eats chili and they all like rum crunchy ice cream
3) The Fugitive’s Richard Kimble (David Janssen) only drinks black coffee… he’s usually on the run
4) The Golden Girls Dorothy Blanche, Rose and Sophia eat cheesecake.
5) Carroll O’ Connor is the inimitableArchie Bunker who likes either chicken croquettes or a tuna sandwich with an orange on the side and a Twinkie for desert!… in his lunch box. And lovable Edith (Jean Stapleton) buys him Hhm hhm hhm ( Cling peaches) in heavy syrup when they’re on sale or serves up rice pudding with a drop of milk on top unless he doesn’t ask for it. Dingbat!!!! And of course there’s always beer…
6) Jim Rockford (James Garner) eats Tacos for breakfast… with no apologies!
7) Andy and Opie enjoy anything Aunt Bee cooks as long as it isn’t those kerosene cucumber pickles. from The Andy Griffith Show
8) Beaver Cleaver will just not eat brussels sprouts but then again I think I’m the only one who loves them…
9) Harry Morgan as Officer Bill Gannon concocts the weirdest food combinations ever. Especially his recipe for BBQ sauce the secret ingredient is…- from Dragnet
10) The sublime chemistry of the Odd Couple’sOscar Madison (Jack Klugman) eats anything with ketchup on it, and Felix Unger (Tony Randall) doesn’t like pits pits pits in his juice juice juice… uh oh!
“MeTV Remembers the M*A*S*H Finale” Exclusive Broadcast Event With Series Cast and Creators, Airing on Sunday, May 3
In honor of MeTV’s tribute to M*A*S*H here’s Hawkeye crying a river of liver!
And why say…. as long as we’re on the snacking subject if you’ve got any great additions to add, drop by The Last Drive In’s snack bar and let me know.
Your Everlovin’ Joey (MonsterGirl) saying hope you always enjoy the show!